July 01, 2016

Experience of Mohijeet Das (IITG and NID)

Hello guys , firstly let me introduce myself, I'm Mohijeet Das from Assam.

Got selected in IIT-G and NID

Educational qualification: mechanical engineer.

Tips and things that worked for me :
First thing I did was I downloaded all previous year papers and solved it that's the first thing one should do as it will give you a brief idea about the pattern, this year the question paper was a bit different so we can't predict the best thing we could do is prepare.

For part A I collected stuff from Google and blogs ( teacup and stuffyoulook) you can get a broad idea about Ceed from this blog's .

For part B I would doodle  anything but try to acquire knowledge on basic such as perspective, colour theory, rendering, human figure and so on , try to draw a lot of lines, circle and ovals a lot ,this would bring a lot of difference in your sketching.

Portfolio: your portfolio should represent your field of interest. for ex. I have interest in product and interaction so my portfolio was inclined towards it.

Interview : it's a mystery box, one universal truth u can't be fake, just be yourself.
I would say enjoy this journey , we can take great help from mentors like Gadkari sir and I would thank sir for giving me this opportunity.

Best of luck guys.\






9 comments:

vaibhav said...

Sir i have completed my 3 years diploma and 3 years of degree am i eligible for the exam,?? Coz somewhere i read that 4 years of bachelors degree is required.. Plz reply

Prasanna Gadkari (M.Des in Product Design from I.I.Sc. ) said...

Hi Vaibhav,
If you have a degree in engineering, you are eligible :)

Ujjwal Dubey said...

Hello sir! I'm a graduate from IIT Kharagpur and got selected for M. Des Mains of Transportation and Automobile Design and Digital Game Design. I don't have a lot of experience about studio test and portfolio preparations, it will be very helpful for me if you can guide me as you have so much of experience in this field. Thank you!

Prasanna Gadkari (M.Des in Product Design from I.I.Sc. ) said...

Hi Ujjwal,
Making a portfolio is a matter of personal skills so i'd need to guide you personally
Please mail me to pg2005.pg@gmail.com
I would guide you :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hello sir, are these the reference from your portfolio presented at the time of interview ?

Prasanna Gadkari (M.Des in Product Design from I.I.Sc. ) said...

Hi Yasir,
Yes, this is what Mohijeet presented at his interviews.

Unknown said...

Hello sir im ankita saini. I have done b.arch now im planning for NID masters in lifestyle accessory design. Now im confused about is there any need for coaching for preparation. What about "pahal design studio"?? Please suggest me.

RosLyn said...

hi, can you share with us the previous year question papers.

Post a Comment

Discussion