March 25, 2015

Rohan Dinde's experience of IDC VC interivew

Rohan, a regular reader of this blog, was interviewed at IDC in March 2015. He has obliged us by sharing his experience.



My IDC - VC interview story

I have described it in detail...please forgive me for its lengthiness.


On the Gate of IITB- I met a guy....Abhishek! Came to know at the gate itself that he has applied for 4 and has got short-listed in all 4 branches!!! I thought..why I have came here when such multi-talented people are here! We went to Hostel 16 together became room mates...had a lot of fun...laughed a lot...like we were knowing each other from childhood! By the time we end the process of interview, we had an emotional attachment for each other!

In the studio test...

DESIGN THE FLAG OF INDIA!!!!!!
I was like...whether to laugh or to cry!!!
It was a real challenge to design something which is deeply rooted in our heart...!!
Many thoughts gushing in my mind at a time...! I started writing thoughts in the form of Ques. Ans. On the rough A4 sheet provided..
Then I made thumbnails..around 15 or so.
Looked at the time remained... 15 mins only!!!!
Finalized the concept in not more than 10 seconds!
Made something...(will post the pic)

INTERVIEW:

I was 3rd last in group 1..
I entered the room, they offered me the chair..
My portfolio contained my hand crafted portfolio flip-book, three practice sketchbooks,a small diary and a copy of Bhagwatgeeta!
I kept the flip-book in front of me and kept everything else aside...purposefully tried keeping other things out of their reach on the table!
While I do all this, a photographer was taking photo of I being interviewed! ( I think he is a project staff there. He also took a pic of mine when i was waiting outside!)
A prof had a glance on my flip-book....
My portfolio had an old quickly drawn sketch of Steve Jobs.
He said, Gandhiji banaya hai ya Steve Jobs!!!!!!!!
I was laughing and I became stress-free there itself!
When another panellist saw the sketch...he said give it to me! He was sooo eager to see that what's inside my portfolio...I said Sir, Can I give a presentation? He said, first I will see n then you can give!
I didn't had an idea that the cover slightly differently made will increase their curiosity so much!
Then the two panellists went through the flip-book , looking each project with some interest...Now they said ok explain us in short.... while I started explaining....they asked...WHAT ARE THOSE?
OMG!!! They are asking about my SCRAPBOOKS!!! Now they will see...how BAD I can sketch! And they will ask questions on my bad sketches...!
But they just flipped through the sketchbooks...and asked me...from how much years I am sketching in these sketchbooks? 

I : Spt 2014

He: 6 months?
I:yes!
They looked impressed!
Then I presented the Bhagwatgeeta copy...It was a book cover design which I wrapped to Geeta!
Then I showed my little diary having my poetry written with calligraphy...
They appreciated my calligraphy and asked me to present my poem and explain it...they were checking my communication skills here I guess...
I : This is a poem SAY for my GF
He: SAY FOR my GF or FOR my GF?
I: FOR my GF!!!!
Then I presented the poem and when I explained the meaning, they were like... Wah ..wah kya bat hai!!!!
Finally one of the panellist said Nice to meet you..
Thank you.
I asked OVER?
They said Yaa..

I carefully picked up all my materials and came out with a smile on my face..!




2 comments:

Mustafa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

your rank in ceed please

Post a Comment

Discussion