June 20, 2016

Dhruva Rathod's experience of IISc, IITB, IITD, IITK and IITG


I am K Dhruva Rathod,B.Tech Mechanical 2016 (Interested in Automobile and Product design) 

Talking of CEED,its my first attempt,my interest was to join IDC @ IITB
CEED  PART B score -40  ,Categoty-ST
Bottom-line- a good score can give you a chance to attend interview but not score,
People having 7,13 rank came till IITG but could make it to M.DES

1.CPDM @ IISC:
It was the first interview so I went to look into process and learn something so that I could do well at IDC.
DAT- I was good solving basic aptitude and the questions from basic mechanical engineering subjects  all the 5 questions in technical part of DAT were correct ,5 out of 10 are compulsory and they dealt with engineering mechanics,strength of materials,fluid mechanics,maths,electrical.
Interview (15 minutes)-I had my interview immediately after DAT,questions were asked like this
Tell me about yourself
How did you come to know about CPDM
Why didn’t you write GATE
Asked me how I could prove I am a designer (they intend to ask my portfolio and my works),
 Since I wasn’t knowing how to make one I didn’t make any hard-copy in a file
I showed my sketchbook and then a few images of product designs I made in my laptop then
They asked difference between engineer and designer
I was happy the way it went on .
Firstly I was tensed since it was IISC and it was my first interview.
Don’t worry or get tensed don’t be like me start making portfolio based on your interests .
Then came result I got call letter to join Product design and engineering at CPDM @IISc

2.IDC @ IITB
DAT-You know the questions asked I uploaded the question paper.since I am a starter my sketching was a bit poor.i did what ever I could
Interview-they asked my BTech project details (know A to Z about that ,prepare well in hand)
Showed my sketchbook and my sketches and things I made using CATIA.

3.IDDC @ IITD
DAT-asked to make a machine that helps in plucking mangoes and can count the number too.
Interview(7pm)-Basic questions after seeing my sketchbook,other questions related to b.tech project
It lasted for 2 mins .
IIDC interviews starts with General-OBC-SC-ST

4.IITK (no DAT)
Interview was held for 2 days ,mine was on first due to clash got it postponed to second day,
As soon as I entered I saw 3 people,mine interview was immediately after lunch so only one interviewer was active,one was playing in phone,other busy switching ON MAC.
Same questions on sketchbook and portfolio
Asked why I choose certain course at IITK .
Bottom-line : I was rigid with interviewer stating my interests of automobile design,they wanted a flexible guy ,also there was no faculty related to automobile design.
Sometimes versatile portfolio can fetch you a seat,since you are flexible

5.DOD @ IITG
DAT-sketches for products , animation inspiration from Banana,question paper is in the blog refer that.
Interview (panel of 15)-it was held in conference hall,after IISC interview I was happy with IITG interview,portfolio is circulated and then questions  on sketchbook and portifolio,btech project,idea presented in DAT.

I must admit that prasanna Sir helped me a lot

NOTE:
A good ceed score can get you a call for interview but not seat,start working on portifolio based on your interests (animation,product,automobile,interaction UX /UI)
K.Dhruva Rathod.
Any queries mail to dhruvarathod9@gmail.com



7 comments:

amit kumar said...

please add ur portfolio here...

Travis Murphy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seo Expert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raj Mehra said...

Hello GATE Aspirants

The Ice gate institute also helps students to prepare for examinations like M. Technology and M. E. The college or university faculties recommend ice cubes gate for proper class room training and skill development and suggest them to study the best books for gate mechanical engineering.

Prashil Mukherji said...

Hello Friends,
Is it necessary to join gate online tests series?

Swapnil Joshi said...

IceGate institute is an excellent the gate academy online. where you can get finest collection of gate notes, gate test series, gate books, online gate lectures & various correspondence programs to crack the Gate.

Unknown said...

hello sir, this is anuradha and i am in B.F.A-3rd year, problem is this that i am not an engineering student that's why i don't know about mechanicals and product design then kaise crack krungi ceed exam, and my english is als not gud then how...how? please help me....

Post a Comment

Discussion