May 18, 2015

Gautham T R's IITK MDes interview experience

I just finished my interview..wanted to inform you...
It was very weird and vague . People were asked about where fish markets are In their respective cities..other guy was asked about Salman's case...some guy was made to sing...and most of them were GATE qualified..and didn't even have a portfolio... They got their B.E project which was of no use..even the candidates from B Arch ..faced same questions..they didn't even check their folios...
there were 3people in panel
So my turn came and I didn't wanna face awkward questions..so I took out my boxes in which I had my works..and kept it on the desk ...haha right after they asked about my name and score..and why not Mtech (for which I think my answer was not good: I said I had low cut off :( but that's not true.I didn't apply coz I wasn't interested in Mtech..only Mdes..)and the lady in the panel asked me to show my pieces...I opened it...and they were pretty impressed..and told me that they are all fancy wonder works..only meant for pleasing...on large scale they are pointless..i agreed..but its jus to show my creativity...at least better than just a B.E project :/ and then they asked what I want to be in 5years...which is such a wrong question :( I thought for a while...because I didn't know how to answer it..  I said product design, mdes aren't very big in India right now.. But in next few years ..this field will also catch up with others..and making a proper base now and then probably a company to help solve problems will be good...I think they weren't satisfied with it
And after that I showed my file :D the few ideas I had put..and the lady said " Oh somebody told you to make a few sketches before coming to interview " and she laughed...I felt weird. .I said I knew about portfolios....but I couldn't complete my sentences. Too many questions..and they couldn't wait...I kinda couldn't think properly :/
And then they said you can leave.. before leaving I said its a pleasure to be here and to that she replied...reach out to more fields...a designer should be flexible..practice more sketching....that was the cue I guess :/ ...my throat ached ..it became dry within two seconds.  I smiled. Nodded my head .and walked out saying thank you...

2 comments:

Sketch-Er said...

Thanks to post it here!

Unknown said...

Thnx for this... :)

Post a Comment

Discussion